Tower Surgical Partners (TSP) is a management company specializing in the unique needs of minimally invasive surgery centers and physician practices. TSP partners with physicians to expand existing and develop future surgical centers for long-term growth. TSP is seeking the services of an experienced Controller (CPA) to support all existing and acquired facilities.
TSP is a comprehensive Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) management company with experts in site development/acquisition, legal, finance, state accreditation, policies, and operations. TSP works closely with its clinical partners to provide access for patients to the highest quality GYN surgical services available. They have developed new procedural technology including DualPortGYN and LAAM procedures allowing major GYN surgical procedures to be performed in an outpatient ASC setting.
The Controller will work with the organization’s AP/AR professionals to update routine account transactions, analyze financial information, and create, improve and maintain financial reports. The Controller will audit financial reports for compliance and review company’s financial status to ensure there are no discrepancies.
- Maintain and audit company financial records
- Drive ongoing management reporting and assessment of the Company’s performance with respect to financial, operational and strategic goals and initiatives
- Be a key driver of the annual financial planning process and ensure Subsidiary budgets align with overall company strategies and objectives
- Evaluate payrolls for conformity with organization’s budget, staff wages and policies, withholding regulations such as internal revenue service policies for withholding and reporting, as well as record keeping assessments
- Develop accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses, across multiple Ambulatory Surgical Centers and Medical Practices.
- Perform reconciliations and work with appropriate individuals to resolve any reconciling items
- Partner with functional leaders to identify and drive cost savings across the business
- Oversee annual preparation of 1099 statements
- Participate in, and respond to, all audit requests
- Review monthly budget to actual variances with perspective department heads, justifying variances as needed
- Recommend fiscally advantageous methods to save money
- Audit accounts for errors, misinformation, fraud, and overspending
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Act as a consultant in areas such as compensation, benefits, and asset protection
- Develop physician proformas to capture expenses, reimbursement, patient volume, breakeven points
- Thorough understanding of contribution margins by physicians
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a CPA certification
- 7 or more years of work experience as a Certified Public Accountant or Senior Accountant including experience with AP and AR
- Preference may be given for applicable experience with a surgery center or medical practice
- Multi-state, multi-entity accounting experience required
- Extensive experience with payroll and 401K
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and financial procedures
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with accounting software, like QuickBooks, and ADP
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge (familiarity with formulas, VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information