The Center for Innovative GYN Care (CIGC) is a progressive, minimally invasive GYN surgical practice requires the services of an experienced, full time Physician’s Assistant – Surgical First Assist (Surgical PA) in Rockville, MD. CIGC has redefined the meaning of minimally invasive GYN surgery by developing innovative and revolutionary GYN techniques to simplify even the most complicated surgical procedures. We care for each patient as a true individual, and through a detailed and personalized approach, our staff have our patients back on their feet as swiftly as possible.
The Surgical PA is responsible for preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative duties under the direction of our surgeons and in collaboration with the surgical team.
- Positions the patient in accordance with the surgeon’s instruction.
- Uses standard and specialized equipment to aid in patient positioning.
- Provides the surgeon with appropriate visualization of the operative site using retractors, sponges, and other techniques according to standards.
- Performs duties as a surgical assistant in all surgical specialties practicing in the ambulatory surgery center.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques to assist with closure of body planes, i.e., sutures and staples.
- Selects and applies appropriate wound dressings.
- Assists with patient transport to and from OR, including from gurney to bed.
- Participates in monitoring quality of care according to professional standards and established criteria.
- Performs other related duties as indicated.
- Assists with maintaining established organizational policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
- Works collaboratively with team to assist in room turnover.
- Graduate from an accredited PA School Program
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current PA Licensure in Maryland
- Current Surgical First Assist Certification
- Basic and advanced preoperative training, operating room experience required.
- BLS/CPR required and ACLS certification preferred.
- Preference may be given for GYN experience.